Cyber TM Methods
This clinical study enrolled 16 male patients with symptomatic benign prostate enlargement, aged between 53 and 75 years. Of these, 2 were in urinary retention with a catheter in-situ, showing a very critical situation, extremely difficult, if not impossible, to be treated with conventional methods or any other laser based technique. With the Cyber TM 150W, instead, it was possible to achieve unmatched results in terms of safety, speed and efficacy. All the patients signed an informed consent form before the procedure. Digital Rectal Exam (DRE) was performed, and serum PSA measured in all patients.
Prostate size was assessed pre-operatively by transrectal ultrasound. No patients had urethral stricture or bladder neck contractures. Reusable (autoclavable) 800-micron end-firing laser fiber is used. The fiber is mounted through the Kuntz working element, within the 26Fr laser resectoscope sheath (Karl Storz, Germany). The green power aiming beam is highly visible, and the safety eyewear ensures untinted vision while providing necessary protection from the invisible infrared spectrum. During use, the fiber tip is kept in gentle contact with tissue. Continuous irrigation is used throughout the operation for cooling, using saline to minimize the risk of TURS.
The Tm:Yag BPH procedure is performed in a retrograde fashion, from verumontanum to bladder neck, at 150W power. Obstructing prostatic tissue is enucleated from the prostatic surgical capsule. The median lobe is dissected first, followed by the two lateral lobes. Haemostasis is secured at low power. The tissue fragments are small, and easily evacuated at the end of the procedure using an Ellik evacuator. There is no need for morcelation of tissue fragments as for HoLEP (Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate) procedures. The enucleated tissue is sent for histological examination.
Cyber TM Specifications
- Wave Length : 2010 nm
- Power : Up to 120 W
- Power Setting : 5 W to 120 W in 1, 5, 10 W Increment Steps
- Treatment Mode : Continuous wave or Pulsed ( 10-1000 ms)
- Beam Delivery : Wide range of Flexible Silica Frontal / End and Side Firing Fibres
- Aiming Beam : 635 nm ( Adjustable <4mW)
- Electrical Requirements : 200-240VAC, Single phase, 50/60Hz, 16A
- Cooling Air Cooled
- Noise Level Less than : 58dBA
- Operating Temperature : 10 deg C – 30 deg C
- Storage Temperature : 10 deg C – 40 deg C
- Humidity : 30% - 90%
- Dimensions :(W)550mm x (D)750mm x (H)1100mm Weight :160Kgs
Cyber TM Advantages
- Highly Absorbed by Water
- High Speed Cutting and Tissue Ablation with Very Low Penetration Depth ( 0.2 mm ).
- High Haemostasis.
- High Speed Cutting
- Minimal Bleeding Rate
- Short Catheterisation Time
- Fast Patient Recovery Time
- Short Hospital Stay
- Minimal Side Effects
- Minimal Risk of Erectile Disfuntion
- Suitable for Patients on Anticoagulant Treatment
Cyber TM Applications
- Vaporisation of Prostate
- Vapo-Enucleation of Prostate
- Bladder Tumors
- Bladder Neck Insertion
Cyber TM Other Applications
- GENERAL SURGERY
Cyber TM Fibres
- Side Firing Fibre - 600 µm
- Frontal / Bare Fibre - 600 µm / 400 µm / 200 µm
- 3m Long Sterile & Re-Usable